This easy mint chocolate chip milkshake is rich and creamy. With only a few ingredients, this homemade milkshake is effortless to make and so delicious.
Easy mint chocolate chip milkshake
Whether you want to make a special treat for St. Patrick’s Day or just something special for dessert, this recipe is yummy. The Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is blended into the most decadent milkshake.
The toppings make it pretty and even tastier. Kids will love the chocolate chips and cherries on top.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Whole Milk
- Whipped Cream (for garnish)
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (for garnish)
- Maraschino Cherries (for garnish)
How to make a mint chocolate chip milkshake:
- Step 1. Blend the ice cream and milk. Place the ice cream and milk in a blender (or food processor). Blend on low speed until the mixture is combined.
- Step 2. Pour into glasses. Serve in a tall glass.
- Step 3. Garnish with topping. Top the milkshakes with the whipped cream, chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. Enjoy!
How to store:
Milkshakes will not keep in the fridge because it will just melt. If you need to store it, freezing is the best option. It will last up to a month in a freezer container.
Just keep in mind that it loses the milkshake texture once frozen.
Tips for the best Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- Adjust the texture. If your milkshake is too thick, add more milk. If the milkshake is too thin, then add more ice cream to thicken it up. This is based on preference and easily adjusted.
- Chill the glasses. Place the glasses in the freezer before pouring the milkshake. This will help to keep the milkshakes cold.
- Good quality ingredients. Use a good quality brand of ice cream for the best taste and texture.
- Serving with a straw and spoon. We like to place a colorful and pretty straw in the glass. It is also handy to have a long handled spoon in the glass.
Substitutions and Variations
- Milk. We used whole milk for a rich and decadent milkshake. However, you can substitute reduced fat milk if you prefer.
- Ice Cream. You can easily make homemade milkshakes in any flavor. Simply substitute your favorite flavor of ice cream in this recipe.
- Dairy Free option. Substitute the ice cream and whipped topping with non dairy options. This is an easy change to adapt to dietary needs.
Milkshake Topping ideas
- Chocolate Syrup. Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream. You can also drizzle the glass with chocolate before you add the milkshake. Yum!
- Sprinkles. Top the milkshake with sprinkles to make it even more festive. You can choose seasonal options or chocolate ones for more chocolate taste.
- Dark Chocolate. Top with dark chocolate shaving on top of the milkshake.
- Crushed Peppermint. Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top of each milkshake.
This tasty milkshake is a crowd pleaser.
It is so rich and delicious. This milkshake is a real treat and absolutely amazing. You only need a few simple ingredients and it turns out wonderful.
Save money and make these yummy milkshakes at home. It takes just minute and the results are so wonderful. Make this today and impress your friends and family.
Print this Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake Recipe:
Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- 2 cups Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips for garnish
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- Place the ice cream and milk in a blender (or food processor). Blend on low speed until the mixture is combined.
- Serve in a tall glass topped with the whipped cream, chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More mint recipes:
More Milkshake recipes:
- Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
- Chocolate Milkshake recipe
- Copycat Wendy’s Frosty Recipe
- McDonalds Shamrock Milkshake Recipe
- The Best Keto Chocolate Shake