Peanut butter fans will love this recipe for Peanut butter rice krispie treats. This no bake 4 ingredient treat is gooey and delicious!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat Recipe:
What’s not to love about peanut butter? This simple recipe for Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats turns classic rice krispie treats into an amazing snack or dessert. Even better, the entire recipe only has 4 simple ingredients!
For even more tips and tricks, learn how to make rice krispie treats here. We have the best tips!
Peanut butter rice krispie treats ingredients:
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Butter – Unsalted or Salted butter will work for this recipe.
- Mini Marshmallows – I prefer using the mini marshmallows as they melt easier but large marshmallows will work fine too.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
How to make peanut butter rice krispie treats:
Spray a 9X13 pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
Next, melt the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat it in 30 second increments and stir between each one until fully meted.
Keep heating until the mixture is completely melted. Stir until smooth.
Then stir in the Rice Krispie cereal until completely coated.
Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish. Use a piece of wax to press the Rice Krispies into the bottom of the pan. I spray the wax paper with a non-stick spray so that it doesn’t stick to the wax paper.
Allow to cool completely before serving. Slice, serve and enjoy.
Note: You can make half of this batch for thinner rice krispie treats. However, we prefer thick rice krispie treats.
Can you make these on a stove top?
Yes, these can easily be made on a stove top as well. Heat the butter, peanut butter and marshmallows in a small saucepan over low heat.
Stir and heat until completely melted and smooth. Then remove from heat, stir in the Rice Krispie cereal until well coated and press the mixture into a pan.
Why did my rice crispy treats get hard?
Make sure that you melt the peanut butter mixture over low heat and do not over cook. Increasing the heat will result in hard or tough treats that will not be soft like desired.
Also, putting these treats in the refrigerator can cause them to dry out and become too hard, so I recommend storing these treats at room temperature.
Can I use other types of cereal with this recipe?
Generally, I make these treat with name brand rice krispie cereal but the off brand would work great too. I also think that this recipe would be delicious made with Cocoa Krispies.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE TREATS:
- Do not store in the refrigerator. They are best left to cool at room temperature so that the remain gooey and delicious!
- After a few days, I microwave the Rice Krispie treat for 5-10 seconds to soften it.
- This mixture is very sticky and will stick to the spoon. Sometimes, I spray my hands with non-stick cooking spray and do the final mixing of the batter with my hands.
- Make sure to use cooking spray in your pan or line it with wax paper so it is easier to get the rice krispie treats out of the pan.
- Make sure to pack down the mixture when adding it to the pan to ensure that they stick together.
Variation Ideas for these Peanut Butter Treats:
- You can also add chocolate chips if you would like to add a little something to the peanut butter rice krispies.
- We prefer creamy peanut butter but you can also use natural or crunchy peanut butter. Feel free to use what you have on hand or your favorite!
- These treats can also be made with almond butter, sunflower seed butter or cookie butter instead of the peanut butter.
- Try adding in 1 tsp of vanilla extract for a slight sweeter flavor.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, you can easily freezer peanut butter rice krispie treats. Place them in a freezer bag with parchment paper or wax paper between each treat to keep them from sticking together.
When you are ready to enjoy them, defrost them out overnight in the refrigerator.
Print this recipe for easy peanut butter rice krispie treats below:
Peanut butter rice krispie treats
- 12 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- (2) 10 oz. package of Marshmallows
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Spray a 9X13 pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat it in 30 second increments and stir between each one until fully meted.
- Once it’s melted, mix in the Rice Krispie cereal until completely coated.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Use a piece of wax to press the Rice Krispies into the bottom of the pan. I spray the wax paper with a non-stick spray so that it doesn’t stick to the wax paper.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- *You can make half of this batch for thinner rice krispie treats. We love thick rice krispie treats!
- *Do not store in the refrigerator. They are best left to cool at room temperature so that the remain gooey and delicious!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other rice krispie treat recipes:
- Neapolitan Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats
- Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallow Fluff