Sugar Cookie Truffles is the perfect no bake holiday treat. You only need a few ingredients to make this easy and delicious dessert.
Easy Sugar Cookie Truffles Recipe:
We love making easy holiday treats that requires no baking and these truffles are always on the list. This recipe starts with already baked sugar cookies and combined with cream cheese.
The sugar cookie dough balls are dipped in melted chocolate and topped with Christmas sprinkles. These truffles are fun and festive and make the perfect holiday dessert.
We love that these truffles can be made for any occasion. They are quick and easy and the perfect dessert to make at the last minutes. Get the whole family involved to make these sugar cookie balls.
Why We Love Sugar Cookie Truffles:
- Easy Ingredients – We love that this recipe starts with already baked sugar cookies. You can easily pick these up the grocery store with the other ingredients for a delicious dessert.
- Taste Amazing – These bite size truffles have the perfect amount of sweetness. They are addicting but definitely curb your sweet tooth with just one. They are loaded with sugar cookie flavor.
- Easy Holiday Dessert – I love finding desserts that everyone loves that are quick to make. Skip the bakery and make these holiday truffles at home.
- Pepperidge Farms Sugar Cookies (store bought or homemade)
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips (10 ounces)
- Red, Green and White Sprinkles (optional)
How to Make Sugar Cookie Truffles:
- Step 1 – Crush Cookies – Place the sugar cookies in a food processor or blender. Blend until the cookies are turned into fine crumbs.
- Step 2 – Blend with Cream Cheese – Add in the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Blend under smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add in more cream cheese.
- Step 3 – Form Cookie Mixture – Form the dough into 1 inch size balls. Then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 – Melt Chocolate – Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each interval) until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Step 5 – Dip Balls – Dip each of the balls in the chocolate. Gently remove them with a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the chocolate coated truffles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 6 – Add Sprinkles – Top each one with the sprinkles. Work quickly to make sure that the sprinkles are placed on before the chocolate hardens.
- Step 7 – Chill – Then refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Change Chocolate – You can easily make these with your favorite type of chocolate. Especially if you’re not a fan of white chocolate. You can also use melting wafers or candy melts.
- Sugar Cookies – We used store bought sugar cookies for this recipe, but you can homemade sugar cookies. It is also a great recipe to use leftover sugar cookies that may have gotten a little hard.
- Sprinkles – Feel free to use different color sprinkles for the holiday that you are celebrating. We have used orange and black to celebrate Halloween.
- Drizzle Chocolate – Melt candy melts that are red or green and drizzle over the top of the white chocolate.
- Cake Pop – Make these truffles into cake pops by adding in a popsicle sticks.
- Crushed Candy – To add a minty taste to these truffles, crush candy canes or peppermint candy to place on top.
- Nuts – You can easily add nuts to these truffles for a crunchy texture. Chopped peanut or walnuts are great options.
- Quality Chocolate – For best results use quality chocolate such as Ghirardelli. If you prefer you can also use almond bark.
- Melting Chocolate – We like to melt our chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl with coconut oil. Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese has come to room temperature before mixing. This helps it blend with the sugar cookie with ease and to have a smooth texture.
- Scooping Cookie Dough – To make sure the cookie dough is about the same size, use a small cookie scoop. Then use this to roll into balls.
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Feel free to line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. This helps for an easily clean up.
- Chill Truffles – After dipping the truffles in the melted chocolate, make sure to place in the fridge to chill. This helps to harden the chocolate around the truffles. Then they are ready to serve.
- Crushing Cookie – We recommend using a food processor to crush the sugar cookies. This helps to have a finely crumb texture. You can also place cookies in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
How to Decorate Truffles:
Feel free to decorate the truffles in many different ways. This recipe is a base recipe and so you can easily add different toppings.
Change the sprinkles for the holiday or special occasion you are celebrating. We even like to drizzle chocolate over the top with different colors using candy melts.
How to Store Leftovers:
I find that these are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe for Sugar Cookie Truffles:
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 15 Sugar Cookies store bought or homemade
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips 10 ounces
- 1/2 cup Red Green and White Sprinkles (optional)
- Place the sugar cookies in a food processor or blender. Blend until the cookies are turned into fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Blend under smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add in more cream cheese.
- Form the dough into 1 inch size balls, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each interval) until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip each of the balls in the chocolate. Gently remove them with a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the chocolate coated truffles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each one with the sprinkles. Work quickly to make sure that the sprinkles are placed on before the chocolate hardens.
- Then refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe