Make these decadent White chocolate truffles with just 4 simple ingredients. This treat does not disappoint and tastes delicious.
White chocolate truffles
Truffles are surprisingly easy to make even though they sound and look fancy. We love these white chocolate truffles for a yummy treat with very little work.
The white chocolate is smooth and creamy and each bite is heavenly. It’s hard to believe this recipe only calls for 4 ingredients and one of them is sprinkles!
Make this today for a great dessert or you may even love this Sugar Cookie Truffle Recipe.
How to make white chocolate truffles
First, you need a small saucepan. Add the heavy whipping cream and simmer. Keep stirring this constantly until it starts to bubble in the pan.
Second, add the butter.
Next, it’s time for the chocolate. Place 8 oz of the white chocolate in the pan and stir until it is completely melted.
Once this mixture is melted and combined, remove from the heat and pour into a small glass bowl. This will need to cool completely so place in the fridge until firm. In about 2 hours, the mixture should be cooled and ready to use.
Finally, take the bowl from the refrigerator and shape into 1″ balls. We use use a cookie scoop and it makes this process so quick and easy. Plus, each truffle is the same size and they all look uniform.
Put each ball on parchment paper and put in the freezer for 30 minutes. I normally use a baking sheet because it is easy to put in the freezer and keeps the truffles intact.
Take the remaining 8 ounces of white baking chocolate and place in a small microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 2 minutes to melt this. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted.
Keep a close eye on this and make sure to do the 30 second intervals so it does not burn.
Now that the chocolate is melted, dip each truffle into it and place on the wax paper. Top with the sprinkles and place back in the refrigerator to harded.
It is that easy!
How to store
Put the truffles inside an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you are making these for a party or holiday, this is a great recipe that you can do ahead of time and just keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Can you freeze white chocolate truffles?
Yes, you can. Just make sure to use freezer bags or containers to store them in. I also suggest placing waxed paper in between the layers of truffles.
If stored properly, truffles can be frozen up to 6 months.
Also, make sure to thaw the truffles in the fridge to help prevent condensation from forming. Keep the truffles covered until ready to eat and serve at room temperature.
Variations to try:
- Substitute milk chocolate or dark chocolate for the white chocolate. We love trying new ways to make truffles.
- Nuts- Finely chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts to sprinkle on top. It looks pretty and tastes amazing.
- Coconut- Sometimes I will sprinkle shredded coconut on the truffles and it is so yummy.
Make these today!
I love how delicious these are but how simple the recipe is. You don’t need a lot of time or fancy equipment or ingredients.
It is all so very simple! No need to be an experienced baker to make these. Anyone can make these easy truffles.
Print this white chocolate truffles recipe:
White chocolate truffles
- 16 oz white chocolate baking bars divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- white sprinkles optional
- In a small saucepan add heavy whipping cream and simmer, stirring constantly, just until it begins to bubble in the pan.
- Stir in butter.
- Add 8 ounces white chocolate and stir, over heat until completely melted. Remove from heat and pour into a small glass bowl. Let cool completely and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1″ balls. Place on wax paper and pop into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 8 ounces of white baking chocolate in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate and place onto wax paper. Sprinkle with white sprinkles. Let set in the refrigerator to harden.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe