Easter Bunny Cupcakes are so fun and easy to make. These adorable cupcakes come together with simple ingredients for a festive treat.
Cute Easter Bunny Cupcakes:
This is such a fun recipe to make with the kiddos. From start to finish, this is just a blast to make. You definitely want to get the entire family involved. These bunny ear cupcakes are perfect for Easter dinner or Easter brunch.
Not only will you get a really adorable treat but make lots of memories too. These easy Easter Cupcake are frosted with white frosting and decorated with fun and festive ingredients.
It’s so fun to make Easter goodies. We made Easter Puppy Chow and it turned out amazing. We love making Easter treats to celebrate with family and friends.
Ingredients for Easy Bunny Cupcakes:
- Cupcakes Prepared (I used a box cake mix)
- Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting – This is my favorite recipe and it is so easy.
- Large Marshmallows
- Pink Sprinkles
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Starburst Jelly beans for the nose
How to Make Bunny Cupcakes:
- Step 1 – Make Cupcakes – First, make the cupcakes according to the package and let cool. I like to use cupcake liners. Make sure you also have a good cupcake pan.
- Step 2 – Make Frosting – Second, make the Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
- Step 3 – Place frosting in piping bag – Next, put the icing into a piping bag. I love these Wilton throw away bags because cleanup is so easy.
- Step 4 – Begin Frosting Cupcake – Simply cut out the tip and place icing on each cupcake. It is helpful if you put a dot of icing in the center. Then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
- Step 5 – Decorate Cupcake – Now, cut the marshmallows in half diagonally with kitchen shears. Put the pink sprinkles in a bowl and dip the ear shape marshmallows into the sprinkles.
- Step 6 – Add the Sprinkles – If you do not have sprinkles, you can use sugar mixed with food coloring to get the pink color.
- Step 7 – Dip Marshmallows – Make sure to dip cut side down. Take your bunny ears and push them down into the icing on the cupcake. These cupcakes really look cute now.
- Step 8 – Add the Eyes and Nose – Finally, add the candy eyes and nose to each cupcake. You can also use a black decorator pen if you don’t have eyes.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve and Enjoy these fun and festive Easter Cupcakes. Make sure to keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
How to Make Buttercream Frosting?
With only 4 ingredients, it is so easy to make homemade buttercream frosting.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar. You want it to be smooth and creamy.
- Once it is the desired consistency, add the milk and vanilla. It only takes a minute or two for the frosting to be fluffy
Anyone can make homemade frosting. It is much better than store bought.
More fun ideas to try with Easy Easter Bunny Cupcakes:
These would be darling as mini Easter bunny cupcakes. Just use a mini-muffin pan and mini marshmallows instead of the giant ones.
This is the perfect size for little hands or when you want smaller portions. Making them a smaller makes for a fun bite sized treat.
The kids get excited because they get to eat more than one since they are mini size. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time if you decide to make mini cupcakes.
The mini cupcakes do not take as long to bake. You can also make a bunny butt with marshmallows for another fun idea.
So fun and another great idea for Easter.
Tips for Easter Bunny Cupcakes:
- Many ways to decorate – We used jelly beans for the nose but you can use what you prefer for the bunny faces.
- Add more Sprinkles – It’s optional but sometimes I add more sprinkles on top of the cupcakes. White sprinkles or more pink sugar gives that extra touch. Sanding sugar would also work on these cupcakes.
- Cool Completely – Make sure to cool cupcakes completely before frosting the cupcakes.
- Frosting – We used a buttercream frosting, but you can easily use a cream cheese frosting.
- Cupcakes – You can use any flavor of cupcakes that you prefer. You can make chocolate cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes, or lemon cupcakes. All would compliment the Easter decorations.
- Piping Bags – If you do not have any piping bags, you can use a ziplock bag. Just cut off the corner and pipe the icing on each cupcake.
Can you Make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these Easter Cupcakes ahead of time. Because of the extra detail of decorating, I like to prepare ahead of time so they are ready to take to our Easter dinner.
How to Store:
Store the leftover cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Fun and Festive Easter Bunny Cupcakes:
If you are looking for a crowd favorite Easter treat, make these Easter Cupcakes. This would be a fun activity for the kids to prepare for your holiday dinner. Add some festive cupcake liners to make these cupcakes more festive.
Print this Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe below:
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 24 cupcakes prepared I used a box mix
- Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting – You want 2 batches https://www.eatingonadime.com/homemade-buttercream-icing/
- Giant marshmallows
- Pink sprinkles
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Starburst Jelly beans for the nose
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cupcakes according to the directions on the package and let cool completely.
- Make the homemade buttercream according to directions.
- Place each icing into a Wilton piping bag.
- Cut out the tip and place icing on each cupcake
- Place a dot in the center and then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
- Cut the giant marshmallows in half diagonally with scissors.
- Place the pink sprinkles in a bowl and dip the marshmallows (cut side down) into the sprinkles. This will give you the bunny ears.
- Push the new bunny ears into your iced cupcake.
- Add two eyes using the Wilton candy eyes and a nose. I used jelly beans for our nose.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Desserts
- Easter Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Bunny Butt Cupcakes recipe
- Bunny Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Roll Bunnies
- Easter Basket Cupcakes