Each bite of Air Fryer Churro Chips is crispy and loaded with cinnamon sugar mixture. Dip the chips in the creamy caramel sauce for a real treat.
In just minutes, this easy recipe for Churro Chips comes together effortlessly. The prep work is minimum and the air fryer gets these on the table fast. In less than 10 minutes, these crispy little chips are ready to enjoy.
They are coated generously in a delicious cinnamon sugar mixture and cooked to crispy perfection. While they are so amazing alone, you have to try this easy caramel sauce.
With only 2 ingredients, it is super easy and definitely worth the effort. It is so easy, you will also have time to make Flan Cake Recipe!
What are Churro chips made of?
These homemade churro chips are made out of tortillas and coated in butter and cinnamon sugar. With these simple ingredients, anyone can make churro chips.
It is that simple. It will become your new favorite snack.
If the idea of making churro dough and using a pastry bag to make the perfect churro intimidated you, this is the easiest recipe. You will love using tortillas in this churro recipe.
It is also healthier because the recipe does not deep fry the chips in vegetable oil. No worries over hot oil popping everywhere.
- Flour tortillas, cut into triangles
- Salted butter, melted
- White granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Dip:
- Block cream cheese
- Caramel sauce
How to make churro chips in air fryer:
- Step 1 – Preheat the air fryer. Go ahead and preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Cut the tortillas. Cut your tortillas into triangles.
- Step 3 – Coat the tortillas. In a medium sized bowl, toss the tortillas in the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon until all the tortillas are evenly coated in the other ingredients.
- Step 4 – Place the chips in the air fryer. Transfer the churro chips to the air fryer basket and air fry them for 5 minutes at 390 degrees. Stir the chips and cook them for an additional 4 minutes.
- Step 5 – Let the churro chips cool. Allow the chips to cool.
- Step 6 – Prepare the dip. Beat together the cream cheese and caramel sauce until smooth and creamy.
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
What to serve with churro chips:
- Caramel Dip. Try the easy one in this recipe or we also love this Caramel Dip.
- Chocolate Sauce. Chocolate fans will enjoy dipping in this rich chocolate sauce.
- Strawberry Sauce Recipe. Pick up a jar of store bought or make this easy homemade Strawberry Sauce.
We love to make these and set out several different dips for serving. It’s just a lot of fun and everyone can choose their favorites to enjoy with baked churro chips.
Tips for Mexican Churro chips:
- Not all the chips will feel very crispy when removing them from the air fryer basket, but they will firm up as they cool. Do not base the cooking time of the crispiness of the chips, because this will cause them to overbake and burn a little bit.
- This recipe can be easily adapted to be gluten free by using corn tortillas instead.
- Place the chips in a single layer and don’t overlap them. They need enough room while in the air fryer to become crispy.
- Place the churro chips on a paper towel to absorb any excess butter after air frying.
These simple Mexican Churro Tips will ensure that your chips come out perfectly every time.
How to store:
It is easiest to store these chips on the counter in a Ziploc bag for up to 8 days. After that, they start to get a little stale.
We love to snack on these and eat them very quickly. Ours never long that long.
Make this easy dessert.
This recipe is really simple and takes very little time to prepare and cook. My kids love to snack on these and they make a great dessert.
With very little time and effort, the air fryer makes these so crispy and delicious. Give them a try today for a frugal and delicious snack or dessert.
Print this Air Fryer Churro Chips Recipe:
Air Fryer Churro Chips
- 8 flour tortillas cut into triangles
- 2 Tbsp salted butter melted
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- Cut your tortillas into triangles and preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the tortillas in the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon until all the tortillas are evenly coated in the other ingredients.
- Transfer the churro chips to the air fryer basket and air fry them for 5 minutes at 390 degrees. Stir the chips and cook them for an additional 4 minutes.
- Allow the chips to cool while you prepare the dip by beating together the cream cheese and caramel sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy churro desserts:
- Cream Cheese Churro Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Churros
- Churro Ice Cream Recipe
- Churro Bites Recipe
- Copycat Disney Churros Recipe