Easter Puppy Chow is fun to make and so delicious. Make this an annual tradition and try it this Spring. Everyone will love Easter Muddy Buddies.
Easter Puppy Chow
Whether you call it puppy chow or muddy buddies, this Easter Puppy Chow is going to be a hit with your friends and family. You simply can’t go wrong with chocolate, peanut butter and delicious candy! Right? This is SO good!
We showed you how to make Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow Recipe and it was such a big hit that we thought we would give Easter Puppy Chow a try for Spring. The pastel M&M’s look so gorgeous and it is such a tasty treat for Easter.
Let’s make this delicious puppy chow recipe with m&ms for Easter!
What you need to make Easter puppy chow:
- Chex Mix Cereal
- creamy peanut butter
- white chocolate chips
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- one-gallon ziplock bags
- Pastel m&ms
The ingredients are super simple and anyone can make this with hardly any work at all. Just melt, mix and enjoy!
Let the kids help. My kids love to help add the candy.
How to make Easter muddy buddies:
Meanwhile, pour the chex mix cereal in a large bowl to make sure cereal is coated.
Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the cereal and quickly stir to coat. This needs to be done while the chocolate mixture is still melted and has not thickened.
This part is my favorite and it just all starts to come together! Yum!
In a one gallon ziplock bag, pour the 1/2 of the total amount of powdered sugar. Then pour 1/2 of the coated cereal into the gallon bag.
Seal close and shake to coat the cereal. Follow this process in the 2nd bag as well.
Pour onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and allow to cool.
Once the puppy chow is coated with the powder sugar, sprinkle the pastel m&ms over the top and stir to combine together.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week and Enjoy!
How to make puppy chow perfect every time:
This is very similar to our original puppy chow recipe but with pastel M&M’s for Easter that are so cute for the Spring! It is so simple to make all year round.
Try if or different seasons, holidays and occasions.
Are you supposed to refrigerate puppy chow?
Store in an airtight container for up to a week and enjoy! Ours never lasts that long though because we eat it quickly. We really love it!
It is ok out for a day or so but it will keep longer in the fridge and stay moist. Like I said, we eat this super fast because it is a treat we all love!
Puppy chow is so good and you can’t eat just one bite. 🙂
Easter puppy chow recipe variations to try:
- Add pastel sprinkles to the Easter muddy buddies. This adds an extra festive touch with the chocolate candies to the bunny chow.
- You can use different colors for other holidays. So fun! We also make Christmas Puppy Chow Recipe and Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow Recipe .
- Another fun idea to add is nuts.
- Try different colors or try plain.
- Milk chocolate is also delicious.
- Try puppy chow without powdered sugar
This is one of the reasons we love this recipe. It is so fun and easy to mix up and try new things!
Make Easter muddy buddies this Spring!
This recipe is so easy to use what you have on hand and you can make this puppy chow with different colors and candy. I often just use what I already have or what is on sale at the grocery store. We are fans of using what we already have in the pantry and it saves us time and money.
Easy recipes like this make it so easy to serve your family and guests delicious dessert options without breaking the bank. I love being able to use things we already have to turn them into delicious recipes like this one.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Everyone loves this delicious recipe so it is something we make year round.
We have even made this for birthday parties and used the theme colors. It is also a great recipe to use for game night and you can use team colors for the candy or sprinkles.
Can you tell we look for any excuse to make this yummy treat? It is so inexpensive and easy to make. Plus, we all just love it.
If you like this puppy chow recipe, try some of these:
- Valentines Day Puppy Chow Recipe
- Christmas Puppy Chow Recipe
- Puppy Chow Recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow Recipe
Print this Easter muddy buddies recipe below:
Easter Puppy Chow is fun to make and so delicious. Make this an annual tradition and make Easter muddy buddies for Spring!
- 9 cups Chex Mix Cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 one-gallon ziplock bags
- 1 1/2 cups pastel m&ms
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, peanut butter and vegetable oil. Microwave on high for 30 second. Stir and cook in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. (mine took about 60 seconds).
- Meanwhile, pour the chex mix cereal in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted peanut butter and chocolate mixture over the cereal and quickly stir to coat.
- In a one gallon ziplock bag, pour the 1/2 of the total amount of powdered sugar. Then pour 1/2 of the coated cereal into the gallon bag. Seal close and shake to coat the cereal. Follow this process in the 2nd bag as well.
- Pour onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Once the puppy chow is coated with the powder sugar, sprinkle the pastel m&ms over the top and stir to combine together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week and Enjoy!
Try these other easy Easter desserts: