Grinch Fudge is a sweet treat with only 6 ingredients. This delightful Christmas fudge is perfect for movie night to enjoy the Grinch movie. It is a festive fudge mixture everyone will enjoy.
Easy Grinch Fudge Recipe
We love making this fudge recipe every year for Christmas. It is so delicious and always such a treat. The kids go crazy over the Grinch theme and it’s just so festive during the Christmas season.
This white chocolate fudge tastes amazing too. With just 6 ingredients, it is so easy to make. It’s simple enough to make to watch for the Grinch movie night.
In fact, this homemade fudge recipe is so easy that you will also have time to make Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos. It is one of the best and easy fudge recipes.
Why you will love this fudge:
- It’s easy to make. This fudge recipe is so fast and easy to mix together. You do not need a candy thermometer.
- You only need 6 ingredients. The recipe list is all simple ingredients.
- This fudge is festive. Make a batch for movie night and enjoy with the family.
- It makes a great gift. Give this yummy fudge to friends and family for a delicious gift.
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Neon Green Food Coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles
How to make Grinch Fudge:
- Step 1. Prepare the pan. Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Step 2. Get out a microwave safe bowl. Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 3. Melt the chips in intervals. Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Step 4. Add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the condensed milk, butter and salt.
- Step 5. Add in the green food coloring. Add the neon green food coloring into the mixture until it reaches the color you desire.
- Step 6. Spread the mixture into the square baking dish. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Step 7. Top with sprinkles. Add the red heart sprinkles on top of the fudge. Make sure to spread the sprinkles out evenly.
Place one heart in each piece of fudge when they are cut. I put 16 hearts on the fudge (4 across and 4 down).
- Step 8. Let the fudge set. Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1-2 hours).
- Step 9. Cut the fudge. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Jump to recipe for complete instructions.
Tips for Cutting Fudge:
Everyone loves to get nice clean lines when cutting fudge. There are a few tips and tricks to make this easy.
- Use a sharp knife. The knife needs to be long and sharp for best results.
- Cut as soon as you remove from the fridge. The fudge needs to be firm and set when you cut into bars.
- Remove any excess fudge on the knife. Wipe the knife clean after cutting the fudge so that you have clean slices.
Store fudge inside an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks. Place a layer of parchment paper in between the fudge so it does not stick.
Can you freeze this fudge recipe?
Fudge is very easy to freeze to enjoy later. It is easy to prepare in advance so that you can save time during the holidays. Make sure the fudge is completely cool and set before freezing.
Wrap the fudge in parchment paper and then in plastic wrap or foil. Place inside a freezer container or ziploc bag.
If you plan to freeze the fudge, wait until later to add the heart sprinkles. Just add them after the fudge has thawed before serving.
Freeze the fudge up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to serve.
Tips for the best fudge:
- Vegetable oil. If you have difficulty with the white chocolate being creamy when melted, add a small amount of vegetable oil. Once added to the melted chocolate, it should combine into the perfect texture.
- Melt the chocolate slowly. It is crucial to the outcome to melt the chocolate in intervals. Then make sure that you stir in between each interval. Melting the chocolate too fast and all at once can result in burnt chocolate.
- Spray with cooking spray. Coat the foil lined pan in cooking spray before adding the fudge mixture. This will make it easy to remove from the pan.
- Chocolate Chips. Substitute milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate for the white chocolate. You won’t be able to use the food coloring but can still top with red and green sprinkles.
- Nuts. Chopped pecans and chopped walnuts make great additions if you want something crunchy.
- Topping. The red heart is perfect to complete the Grinch look. You can also add more festive sprinkles to the fudge if desired.
- Add-ins. Other ideas for tasty add-ins include mini marshmallows, chopped pretzels and anything you love.
- Peppermint Extract. If you would like a mint flavor in this fudge, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract.
Stove top instructions
If you do not want to melt the chocolate in the microwave, you can use the stove top. Feel free to use a double boiler over medium heat.
Place the white chocolate chips in the double boiler. Heat until the chips are almost melted then remove from the heat.
Then stir to combine until it is a smooth consistency.
Make this a yearly tradition and be prepared for lots of smiles. It is such a tasty recipe and looks stunning. The green color and red heart sprinkle make this Grinch fudge perfect for the holiday season.
Print this Grinch Fudge Recipe below:
- 12 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Need Green Food Coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk, butter and salt.
- Add the neon green food coloring into the mixture until it reaches the color you desire.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Add the red heart sprinkles on top of the fudge. Make sure to spread them out evenly so that there is one heart in each piece of fudge when they are cut. I put 16 hearts on the fudge (4 across and 4 down).
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1-2 hours).
- Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe